California Civil Code, Section 1350.7
Section 1350.7 sets forth specific methods of delivery of documents from the Association to its members, including the following methods:
- Personal delivery
- First-class postage, postage prepaid
- E-mail, fax or other electronic means, provided the member recipient has agreed in advance
- Publication in a periodical distributed primarily to members of the association (such as a monthly newsletter)
- Television programming broadcast by the association to its members, such as an association in-house channel
- A method set forth in the association’s recorded documents
- Or, by any method to which the member recipient has agreed.
Documents may also be included in billing statements or other distributions associations make to their members.